Founder of Dorot Law, P.A., Datan’s legal background encompasses a wide range of estate planning, business planning and taxation law – both domestic and international.
Datan has authored several tax-related articles which have been published in various legal journals. Datan has also conducted lectures on various international tax matters and estate planning. Datan has been awarded the prestigious 2009-2010 Tax Fellowship from the Tax Section of the Florida Bar and has been named a “Rising Star” in the legal field by SuperLawyer Magazine.
Datan is a member of the Tax Section of the Florida Bar and the Real Property Probate and Trust Law Section of the Florida Bar. Datan serves on the Executive Committee of the Leadership Development Institute of the Greater Miami Jewish Federation.
- University of Miami School of Law
LL.M. in Estate Planning
- University of Florida, School of Law
Trusts & Estates Certificate
- Florida Atlantic University
B.S., International Business
B.S., Marketing Management
Publications & Lectures
- Speaker, “Expatriation and the Mark-to-Market Madness: A Year in Review”. CLE for Tax Section of the Florida Bar. November, 2009.
- Author, “New IRS Insight on Taxation of Foreign Hedge Fund Loans: What Does it Really Mean to the Foreign Hedge Fund Manager”. Florida Bar News Tax Bulletin, Fall, 2009.
- Speaker, “Advising Holders of Offshore Financial Accounts: FBAR, Voluntary Disclosure and New Legislation”. National CLE Teleconference, Lorman Educational Success. April, 16, 2010.
- Author, “So the Sun Set, Now What? 2010 Estate and GST Tax Repeal”. Florida Bar News Tax Bulletin, Winter, 2010.
- Speaker, “IRS Disclosure Requirements for Uncertain Tax Positions”. Ullman Year In Review, Tax Section of the Florida Bar Annual Meeting, Amelia Island. July 4, 2010.
- Author, “Voluntary Disclosure Program Dust yet to Settle:From Beginning to Where?” Publication forthcoming.
- Author, “Expatriation and the Mark-to-Market Madness: The Impact of Notice 2009-85”. Publication forthcoming.
- Tax Section of the Florida Bar
- Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section of the Florida Bar
- Executive Board Member, Greater Miami Jewish Federation
- Director, South Florida Tax Lunch of the New Tax Lawyers for the Tax Section of the Florida Bar
- Vice Chair, Estate and Gift Tax in the Federal Tax Division of the Tax Section of the Florida Bar
- Vice Chair, Tax Membership Directory of the Tax Section of the Florida Bar
- Leadership Miami
- Conversant in Spanish